Saturday, February 23, 2013

I had a plan

I had a plan, a very detailed plan.....................

A plan of just how my life was going to turn out. I had it all covered.  I even had a definite timeline for every stage.

See me planning as if I created myself o.

And the first few stages of my plan went according to plan! Mehn! I was on fire and I just believed life was that predictable.

And then it happens. .........

Dunno if anyone knows this feeling, but I know it too well.......that moment when everything was just perfect minutes before that phone call came, or that person just did that thing, or that bus driver just hit your car, or that person just said that thing and then things just begin to go downhill from that point.

And then you are forced to say...."I was having a perfectly good day, and I saw how this day was going to end....just as perfectly as it started and this or that just had to go and mess it up for me"

That's what I like to call a rude awakening!

But u know what they say "if you figure it all out today, what's the point of tomorrow?"

Life is in stages and stages happen in processes. These stages and processes are ordered by the one who created us.....God.

So the next time you have a perfectly good detailed plan, just remember that the product can never really go out on its own and do whatever it likes, because the manufacturer had a specific guideline and purpose in mind.

Having said that, it is good to make plans, you just need to not be so rigid about them, that they cannot be changed. After all they are not the law of Medes and Persia. There has to be room for modifications, fine tuning and amendments and most importantly God.

Like I said, I had a plan, a very detailed one. The only problem was....it was a rigid plan and when time came to adjust and amend and fine tune, my plan crumbled in domino fashion.

1 comment:

Fred said...

There's that FORCE that keeps us in check, often flexing its prowess just when we get egocentric...

Nice piece Titi... Glad I stumbled on ur blog... Reading through... Pretty interesting! Keep up the good work.