Sunday, January 02, 2011

i do not have a clue!

It's 5am Nigerian time 2nd jan, 2011 and I do not have a clue what I am doing awake, eyes wide open for lack of sleep.......


Battled with the idea of listening to music for a while, then I finally gave in and reached for my Joshua Radin playlist. My love affair with Joshua's songs first started when I watched the movie "Dear John" and his song "paperweight" was a soundtrack, which is incidentally what is playing now. That song hit me that day and reminded me of Simple times! Then Simple times sends me another Radin song "Sky". And I got curious and went after Radin full time, got loads of his songs and completely fell in love. My friends think he is pathetic and sad and bla......... But I think he is absolutely brilliant!

By the way we are operating under really cold and dusty weather conditions in Naija at the moment, I think it's what they call harmattan! Reminds me of secondary school boarding! January! By the way I went to a secondary school in some state far away from lagos which was built on a hill called "owinni". Morning weather during harmattan period was nasty! Soooooo cold and dusty! I cried most of my tears during that period. Hmmmmm.....the days I kept thinking to myself, would I ever leave this school! 6 years seemed like an eternity for me. Funny thing is I left there 14 years ago! And my life is so radically different from what it used to be like!

Question.......would that me even recognize this me as being one and the same person? Life eh!

So I decide to go and see what's on TV since sleep at this time is really a herculean task.........I start to flip through the channels and everything I find interesting and press the ok button has just finished! And I am thinking hey! Is this a grand conspiracy to bore me! Anyway it's sunday morning so, I'll be on my way to church in a few hours. Goody there is a holiday still tomorrow and I really do not have to work.

NB: To Simple times "I miss you more than I should, than I thought I could........can't get my mind of you. I hate the phone, but I wish you'd call"

No comments: